Startup Nation, Meet Amber Lyda, Psy.D.!
I’m a licensed psychologist and therapist advocate promoting creative ways to provide service without the self-sacrifice!
I love teaching therapists to build profitable online therapy practices or to turn passions into passive income generating projects. There are so many ways to support the public with our skills. Let’s explore them!
Get competent and confident in online therapy.
- You must do video. And several. Make them helpful. They don’t need to be about you. They should help others. YouTube has mad SEO. Facebook has mad SEO. Load videos up separately to each channel. Title them with searchable terms. Podcasts are great. Turn them into videos.
- Choose the social media of your ideal client. Create a professional profile. Share help freely. Ask your friends to follow. Ask them to share your content with their friends. If you want to get fancy and promote posts, watch YouTube to learn strategy or hire someone. Otherwise, you’ll throw money away. Understand the power of a Call to Action. Titrate it to your audience.
- Hit many online marketing places at a surface level, dig deep into one or two.
- Person to person connection is KEY. List out your warmest contacts. Connect with them, ask questions, share enthusiasm authentically.
- List out cooler/cold contacts but who are likely to be serving your ideal client. Reach out to them in a personalized way, asking how you can serve them, asking more about their practice to refer to them, etc. Always wrap up with a plan for a purposeful next contact.
Resources & Giveaway Goodies:
- Our Top Private Practice Resources That We Use & LOVE
- The Get-It-Going Checklist for your Online Therapy Practice!
- Dr. Amber Lyda’s YouTube Channel
- Meet Edgar – Social Media Scheduling Tool
- Amy Porterfield – Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast
Meet Your Co-Hosts!
What’s up #StartupNation!?! We’re so excited you’re here. In case you’re new to our community, I’m Dr. Kate Campbell, LMFT (on the left) and my business partner aka “BP” Katie Lemieux, LMFT is on the right. We have a blast co-hosting the The Private Practice Startup podcast, where we inspire your private practice journey from startup to mastery. We both built our thriving, 6-figure full-fee private practices from the ground up and love working with ambitious mental health professionals across the globe who want to brand themselves and grow their dream private practice. Enter our Startup Nation Community now to get tons of awesome practice building ninja tips, trick, hacks, and resources!
Gusto: If you’re in private practice, you wear a lot of hats. And some of those hats are totally great. But some — like filing taxes and running payroll, for example — not so great. That’s where Gusto comes in. Gusto makes payroll, taxes, and HR actually easy for small businesses. Fast, simple payroll processing, benefits, and expert HR support all in one place. Gusto automatically pays and files your federal, state, and local taxes so you don’t have to worry about it. Plus they make it easy to add on health benefits and even 401(k)s for your team. So let them wear one of your many hats — you have better things to do. Listeners get three months free when they run their first payroll. Try a demo and see for yourself at gusto.com/pps.