Startup Nation, Meet Gordon Brewer, LMFT!
Gordon is the person behind The Practice of Therapy Podcast and Blog. He is the owner of a group private practice located in Kingsport, Tennessee, Kingsport Counseling Associates, PLLC.
He has been in private practice for 18 years. He is an AAMFT approved supervisor and currently serves on the on the board of the TNAMFT. Gordon also happens to be a clergy person in the Episcopal Church. Gordon also had an interesting previous career as funeral director and embalmer… lots of stories there…
Gordon is married to his wife “Sister” and they have one daughter who works as an environmental educator.
- Know your “why”
- Be clear about the lifestyle you want to have.
- Know your numbers and be brutally honest with yourself
- Set clear financial goals
- Read “Profit First”
Resources & Giveaway Goodies:
- Our Top Private Practice Resources That We Use & LOVE
- Brad Pliner Episode 54 – 5 benefits of using cloud based EMR software for private practices
- Financial Analysis Guide
- Check out Profit First Book by Mike Michalowicz
Meet Your Co-Hosts!
What’s up #StartupNation!?! We’re so excited you’re here. In case you’re new to our community, I’m Dr. Kate Campbell, LMFT (on the left) and my business partner aka “BP” Katie Lemieux, LMFT is on the right. We have a blast co-hosting the The Private Practice Startup podcast, where we inspire your private practice journey from startup to mastery. We both built our thriving, 6-figure full-fee private practices from the ground up and love working with ambitious mental health professionals across the globe who want to brand themselves and grow their dream private practice. Enter our Startup Nation Community now to get tons of awesome practice building ninja tips, trick, hacks, and resources!
Money and Financial Podcasts:
- Tiffany McLain- 4 Ways to Lean In & Make BANK in your private practice
- Eva Brown- What’s Your Money Mindset?
- Ernesto Segismundo, Kate Campbell, Katie Lemieux, Laura Long- Make Your Private Practice “Profit First”
- Gordon Brewer & Mike Michalowicz- Using “Profit First” in Your Private Practice part 1
- Gordon Brewer & Mike Michalowicz- Using “Profit First” in Your Private Practice part 2
- Melissa Buffington- The 5-Step Strategy to Make More Money AND Have Extra Time
When it comes to keeping your practice organized, you want software that’s not only simple, but the best. We recommend TherapyNotes. Their platform lets you manage notes, claims, scheduling, and more. Plus, they offer amazing, unlimited phone and email support, so when you have a question they are there to help. To get started with the practice management software trusted by over 60,000 professionals go to TherapyNotes.com and start a free trial today. If you enter promo code PPS they will give you two months to try it out for free.