Startup Nation, Meet Jessica Richards!
Jessica Richards, LMHC owner of The Center of Life Counseling and Administrator of The Beginning Counselor’s of Florida. During my last year of grad school, in 2013, I knew I wanted to be in private practice and work with college age students struggling with anxiety and depression. It was the very reason I began my degree in psychology and counseling in the first place.
Little did I know that the journey would be met with many hurdles and struggles that I was not prepared for. I now take my experience and journey and share it with new grads and registered interns providing tips and tools to have a successful internship to licensure journey.
A few fun facts about my experience:
1. My licensure experience lasted from 2013-2017, approximately 4 years. More than the 2 year’s many assume it takes.
2. I had over 4 qualified supervisors throughout this period, most at the same time.
3. I was in private practice the entire journey along with agency and group contract work.
4. I took 4 months off from the field altogether after a “post-grad existential crisis”
5. I took the NCMHCE 3 times.
6. I taught CEU courses for licensed clinicians during internship.
A few fun personal facts about myself are I freaking love love adventures, traveling, fishing is a new hobby I’ve started within the last year or so, painting, and animals. I’m trying to learn how to golf but, have no idea what I’m doing just seems like a Floridian thing to do.
1) Starting a website
2) Creating a niche
3) Creating and selling products
4) Financial options for new beginners
5) Intern’s rights in private practice.
Resources & Giveaway Goodies:
- Our Top Private Practice Resources That We Use & LOVE
- Free support group for Beginning Counselors of Florida
- Blogs and resources for Beginning Counselor’s of Florida
- Marketing Coaching with Kate and Katie
- Brighter Vision – Get a FREE month
- Are you a registered intern in the state of Florida interested in private practice? Check out this valuable resource from our very own Marketing Extraordinare Jessica Jefferson
Meet Your Co-Hosts!
What’s up #StartupNation!?! We’re so excited you’re here. In case you’re new to our community, I’m Dr. Kate Campbell, LMFT (on the left) and my business partner aka “BP” Katie Lemieux, LMFT is on the right. We have a blast co-hosting the The Private Practice Startup podcast, where we inspire your private practice journey from startup to mastery. We both built our thriving, 6-figure full-fee private practices from the ground up and love working with ambitious mental health professionals across the globe who want to brand themselves and grow their dream private practice. Enter our Startup Nation Community now to get tons of awesome practice building ninja tips, trick, hacks, and resources!
We put in 100+ hours of work, combed through the laws and ethics, and paid thousands of dollars in expensive attorney fees so you don’t have to.
Save time & money!
CLICK HERE and grab a FREE Copy of the Attorney Approved HIPAA form and check out our a la carte and paperwork package options.