Startup Nation, Meet Melody Wilding, LMSW!
Melody Wilding is a licensed social worker who help high-achievers mentally and emotionally thrive in their careers. When Melody started her practice a few years ago, she had zero clients and no credibility. Today she has a client waitlist, has given a TEDx talk with over 15,000 views, and has been featured in dozens of top media publications from Inc, Forbes, and Fast Company to Cosmo, Shape, and Glamour.
Melody is also the creator of The Media Darling Method, an online course that teaches therapists how to land major publicity that grows their private practice and personal brands.
- Melody comes from a family of entrepreneurs. She got her name because her parents ran multiple businesses in the music and entertainment industries.
- Melody is a Jersey girl born and raised. And she has the accent to prove it.
- While Melody loves connecting, she is an INFJ and dedicated to helping other introverted and highly sensitive therapists do business in a way that fits their personal style.
- Define your goals for press and publicity
- Understand your audience – both your clients and your online followers
- Get your online presence “PR ready” (i.e. what comes up when someone googles you – make sure this is press ready)
- Sign up for HARO
Resources & Giveaway Goodies:
- Our Top Private Practice Resources That We Use & LOVE
- Google forms
- Survey Monkey
- Help A Reporter Out
- Free Quickstart guide to land publicity with HARO
Meet Your Co-Hosts!
What’s up #StartupNation!?! We’re so excited you’re here. In case you’re new to our community, I’m Dr. Kate Campbell, LMFT (on the left) and my business partner aka “BP” Katie Lemieux, LMFT is on the right. We have a blast co-hosting the The Private Practice Startup podcast, where we inspire your private practice journey from startup to mastery. We both built our thriving, 6-figure full-fee private practices from the ground up and love working with ambitious mental health professionals across the globe who want to brand themselves and grow their dream private practice. Enter our Startup Nation Community now to get tons of awesome practice building ninja tips, trick, hacks, and resources!
Assign pre-made or customized homework between session, transfer documents, AND send unlimited messages to all your clients. Fully secure HIPAA-compliant web and mobile apps. Therapists describe Therachat as “Revolutionary” and an “Essential Companion”!
Try Therachat now & experience it yourself: Use coupon code TPPS and get one month for free (worth $40). CLICK HERE to get started.